These recipes were contributed by Brianna Carter, a Midlothian resident, and originally appeared in the MidlothianNOW May 2015 issue.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling, finely crushed
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. baking chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies and cream cheese. Beat with a mixer on low speed until well-blended. Refrigerate.
- Form 1-inch balls by hand. Dip balls in chocolate; place on baking sheet covered with waxed paper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. To store, cover and refrigerate. Makes 50 truffles.
- 1 10-oz. can Ro-Tel, drained almost all the way
- 1 bag Hormel bacon bits
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 pkgs. phyllo pastry cups, thawed
- Combine first four ingredients and scoop evenly in cups.
- Cook at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 jar marshmallow creme
- 1 jar peanut butter
- Spread a thick layer of marshmallow creme on the first slice of bread.
- Spread an equal or greater amount of peanut butter on the second slice of bread.
- Add additional layers of marshmallow and peanut butter if you want a thicker sandwich.
- Put the two slices of bread together and enjoy!
- 2 8-oz. cans Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (divided use)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Unroll 1 can of dough. Place in bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch, 3-quart glass baking dish. Stretch to cover bottom of dish, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup of the sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Spread over dough in the baking dish.
- Unroll second can of dough. Carefully place on top of cream cheese layer. Pinch seams together.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top. Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over butter.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate for easy cutting. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.
- Makes about 48 cookies.
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (divided use)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 48 HERSHEY’S HUGS Brand Candies, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Beat butter, shortening and sugar until well-blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Divide dough mixture into halves. Add remaining 2 tablespoons flour to half of the dough and the cocoa to the other half, blending well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll together a pinch of vanilla dough and a pinch of chocolate dough for marbled cookies. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove cookie sheet from oven to wire rack. Cool 1 minute.
- Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.